What is skin needling?
Skin needling also known as Dermapen or microneedling is one of easiest minimally invasive treatment methods to rejuvenate the skin by Collagen Introduction therapy. Tiny microscopic stainless steel needles are used to pierce the top layers of skin up to 2 millimeters deep. These tiny punctures trigger the body’s natural healing mechanism believing that there is a wound to heal. This healing response stimulates the body to create new collagen and elastin. The procedure can be used together with retinol and collagen serums to enhance the collagen contraction for maximum results.
Microneedling can be used to improve texture and firmness, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, scars, enlarged pores and stretch marks.
Side effects that can occur include redness, swelling and bruising that generally subside within 24-hours.
- Standard bio dermapen –Microneedling for the treatment of acne and anti-aging. Done in conjunction with a glycolic peel.
- Gold standard bio dermapen-A more advanced form of microneedling with 5% retinol.
- Pigmentation microneedling
- Hair loss needling-For the treatment of alopecia
- Microneedling for scars, cellulite and stretch marks